Ever notice that sometimes a guy will do something really stupid, like let the love of his life slip through his fingers? Yeah. I’m that guy. But the moment I run into the woman I once loved madly, I’ve got one goal and one goal only–a second chance. The plan? Go big or go home.
Fine, getting into my birthday suit at my ex-girlfriend’s place of work might not seem like the best way to win her heart again. But trust me on this count–she always liked me best without any clothes on. And you’ve got to play to your strengths when you’re fighting an uphill battle. I’m prepared to fight hard for her because sometimes you need a second chance at first love.
He’s the one who got away . . .
The nerve of Tyler Nichols to reappear like that at my job, showing off his rock-hard body that drove me wild far too many nights. That man with his knowing grin and mischievous eyes is nothing but a cocky jerk to saunter back into my life. Except, what if he’s not. . . ? I’ve tried like hell to forget him, but maybe I’m cursed to remember the guy I fell madly in love with eight years ago. Lord knows I’m not over him, so what’s the harm in giving him a week to prove he’s changed in the ways that matter?
After all, how do you resist THE HOT ONE?
If you love sexy second-chance romances, then you wouldn’t want to miss this new release by Lauren Blakely! The Hot One is so playful, fun, very light on the drama and sinfully seductive!
Tyler decided to end his relationship with Delaney in college because law school and a committed relationship didn’t add up so well. Years later, their paths crossed again when Delaney and her friends went for a run in the park where Tyler was with Clay’s daughter, Carly. What seemed to be a curiosity (as Tyler put it) to know how Delaney’s doing turned out to be the perfect timing to right himself to her and win her back again. This time–forever.
First of all, it was a very nice surprise to see the characters from previous stories of Lauren make vital apperances! It was like a mini reunion, mini cheering squad for both Tyler and Delaney and it was more than what I could’ve wished for.
I was very skeptical about Tyler at first because he was the one who left Delaney without so much of an explanation. It was like he didn’t care for her feelings at all to set her aside like that. Though he cleared himself up at one point in the book, it was just a little too selfish for me. But it was somehow understandable because they were so young and very wrapped up in reaching their goals. At least, that’s Tyler. He’s damn good at what he does as an entertainment lawyer, really studies every angle of his argument but his take-no-prisoner attitude didn’t work on Delaney.
And while Tyler had also had to win me over. (Haha! And he did, by the way. That persistent guy.) I fell instantly in love with the incredible massage therapist and owner of Nirvana, Delaney. My goodness, Delaney. Total #WCW!
Five Things to Love About Delaney
- She’s a health buff. She’s a vegetarian even when they were still in college. She supports the advocacies to make the earth be a healthier place to live in (i.e. she picks up the trash she sees and disposes them properly). She runs to support animal welfare advocacies. She believes in the power of a really good massage.
- She goes after what her heart wants. Delaney could’ve been a good lawyer but certain circumstances made her change course and she was contented with it. After the debate battle she was to compete with Tyler, she realized her heart wasn’t really in arguing. She’s more into nurturing people, changing their lives in a way she can, soothes their pain. Her heart was to give people the positive energy they needed and she thrived on it. She worked hard to be that entrepreneur who can be a part of people’s happiness.
- She loves shoes! My, my, if I were a size 10 I would definitely have to steal a pair or two at Delaney’s collection. Her joy when shopping for that perfect pair was so palpable. And I loved how she loved them (heels, boots) even when she runs. She created a true balance between elegance and casual and I admired her for that.
- She’s fiercely loyal. One thing about Delaney, she doesn’t open up easily to people. Trust is something she prioritize and that’s why you won’t see her having such a huge clique. In fact, they were just a group of three but their loyalty to one another was really something. They have a sacred Girls’ Night Out that no man can ever bulldoze or he’d be dead.
- She made sure that Tyler would have to work his ass off to get her back. For real this time. You gotta love a woman who doesn’t fall at her ex’s feet once she knew he wanted more. She made Tyler sweat (literally) naked and it all paved well in the end.
I loved that even when the two of them were working to be together again, they didn’t dwell much on the hard slap of the past they had to deal with and because Delaney was all about giving the soul with positive energy, it created only a bit of drama but would still tug at your hearts. Tyler could’ve grovelled harder, though, in my opinion. It looked like the rejection was too light for what he’s done to Delaney.
The pacing was fine as so were the characters (did I mention I love Delaney???) that could really fire up your eReaders because the sex scenes were on freaking point! Lauren made sure that you’d be fanning yourselves and drooling over Tyler. The double prologues and epilogues weren’t something I read everyday so plus point for that, too!
Overall, I enjoyed The Hot One a lot and the at ease feeling that Delaney is in good hands. Filthy but good hands. This book guarantees you a really good time!
$10 Amazon GC G i v e a w a y!